The Wilhelm scream is a film and television stock sound effect that had been used in more than 200 movies. The Lord of the Rings film trilogy and The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey have the sound effect.
The Lord of the Rings Film TrilogyEdit
- During the Battle of Helm's Deep when a Rohan soldier gets killed by an Uruk-hai and falls off the wall.
- When Legolas pushes an Haradrim soldier off an Oliphaunt.
- When a Nazgul on a Fell Beast picks up and throws a soldier during Battle of Osgiliath .
The Hobbit Film TrilogyEdit
- In the extended edition, when the dwarves and Bilbo make their way into Lake-town, they are stopped by some guards and the townspeople aid the Dwarves in knocking them out.
- In the extended edition, when Thráin II is pulled in by Sauron as he and Gandalf are trying to escape Dol Guldur.
The Lord of the Rings video gamesEdit
- Heard faintly when Sauron is killing most of the Last Alliance soldiers.