Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In the latest developer diary for The Lord of the Rings Online expansion Rise of Isengard, the game's creators discuss one of the locations featured in the add-on - the Gap of Rohan, where the Rohirrim battle the Dunlendings.
Here's a list of the new locations added in the expansion:
- Dunland – Adventure amidst the bright forests in the foothills of the southern Misty Mountains. Beware the Dunland Clans, rugged warriors tempted by the dark promise of power.
- Gap of Rohan – Battle over the legendary pass between Eriador and the plane of Rohan. This key strategic point must be defended against the ambitions of Sauron.
- Isengard – Explore Orthanc, one of the iconic Two Towers as it rises over the once beautiful Isengard valley. The once beautiful vale …
Read more >
Here's a brand new The Hobbit production video by Peter Jackson, this time focusing mostly on introducing the thirteen dwarves and the actors playing them. Check it out below:
Additionally, there's also a new composite photo with all the dwarves from the upcoming movie. From left to right: Jed Brophy as Nori, Dean O'Gorman as Fili, Mark Hadlow as Dori, James Nesbitt as Bofur, Peter Hambleton as Gloin, Graham McTavish as Dwalin, Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield, Ken Stott as Balin, John Callen as Oin, Stephen Hunter as Bombur, William Kircher as Bifur, Adam Brown as Ori and Aidan Turner as Kili, released at TheOneRing.net.
How do you like the dwarves? I wasn't thrilled about some of their looks, but after watching the video, I'm sold!…
Read more >
While we all await the premiere of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey next year, those Lord of the Rings fans who are also gamers can ease the wait with the following upcoming titles.
The first one is the new expansion for Turbine's The Lord of the Rings Online MMO game, titled "The Rise of Isengard". The expansion will be released on September 27, and will include three new regions, a new raid for up to 24 players, as well as the ability to advance you epic characters as high as to level 75. Here's a bunch of new screenshots:
Meanwhile, Snowblind's Lord of the Rings: War in the North will bring us to the regions described in The Hobbit, but during the War of the Ring itself. While we followed the adventures of the Fellowship of the Ring, the dwarves…
Read more >
Lord of the Rings fansite TheOneRing.net was the one to get the final The Hobbit dwarf reveal - King Thorin Oakenshield himself, played by Richard Armitage.
- As a young Dwarf prince, Thorin witnessed the destruction and terror wrought when a great fire-breathing Dragon attacked the Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor. After slaughtering many of Thorin’s kin, the great serpent, Smaug, entered The Lonely Mountain and took possession of its vast store of gold and jewels. No-one came to the aid of the surviving Dwarves, and thus, a once proud and noble race was forced into exile. Through long years of hardship, Thorin grew to be a strong and fearless fighter and revered leader. In his heart a fierce desire grew; a desire to reclaim his homeland and destroy the…
In the latest installment of The Hobbit cast reveal, MSN gives us a photo of Dean O'Gorman as Fili and Aidan Turner as Kili:
- Two of the youngest Dwarves, Fili and Kili have been born into the royal line of Durin and raised under the stern guardianship of their uncle, Thorin Oakensheild. Neither has ever travelled far, nor ever seen the fabled Dwarf City of Erebor. For both, the journey to the Lonely Mountain represents adventure and excitement. Skilled fighters, both brothers set off on their adventure armed with the invincible courage of youth, neither being able to imagine the fate which lies before them.
Meanwhile, IGN has a picture of Stephen Hunter as Bombur, James Nesbitt as Bofur and William Kircher as Bifur.
- While most of the Company of…
Read more >