The Hobbit: There and Back Again is the upcoming third and final installment of The Hobbit Trilogy. It will follow The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and will be produced by Peter Jackson, who also directed the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Filming took place primarily in New Zealand. The film stars Martin Freeman as Bilbo, Ian McKellen as Gandalf the Grey, Benedict Cumberbatch as the Necromancer, and Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield.
On February 28, 2013, it was confirmed there is a new release date for There and Back Again. It has been announced via press, and now mirrors the release dates of Peter Jackson's Middle-earth films, The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. The movie's release date has been rescheduled from July 18, 2014 to December 17, 2014.
- Martin Freeman and Ian Holm as Bilbo Baggins
- Ian McKellen as Gandalf
- Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield
- Ken Stott as Balin
- Graham McTavish as Dwalin
- William Kircher as Bifur
- James Nesbitt as Bofur
- Stephen Hunter as Bombur
- Dean O'Gorman as Fili
- Aidan Turner as Kili
- John Callen as Oin
- Peter Hambleton as Gloin
- Jed Brophy as Nori
- Mark Hadlow as Dori
- Adam Brown as Ori
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Sauron
- Manu Bennett as Azog (rumoured)
- Elijah Wood as Frodo Baggins
- Hugo Weaving as Elrond
- Cate Blanchett as Galadriel
- Christopher Lee as Saruman
- Billy Connolly as Dain Ironfoot
- Orlando Bloom as Legolas
- Evangeline Lilly as Tauriel
- Luke Evans as Bard
- Lee Pace as Thranduil
- Mikael Persbrandt as Beorn
- Bret McKenzie as Lindir
- John Bell as Bain
- Stephen Colbert as Unknown (rumoured)
- Conan Stevens as Bolg
- Ryan Gage as Alfrid
- Shane Briant as Mayor of Michel Delving (rumoured)
- Robin Kerr as Elros
- Simon London as Feren
- The film will be the last film adaptation of The Lord of the Rings and related works, as the Tolkien Estate has forbidden any more films from being made (at least for now).
- The title comes from Bilbo's fictional volume in the Red Book of Westmarch: There and Back Again: A Hobbit's Tale.
- If rumors are true that the Necromancer will appear, then this is the only time that Sauron will appear in physical form in the films (excluding flashbacks).
- The film will include multiple characters not appearing in the book, including Radagast the Brown, Legolas and Sauron.
- ↑ Mrcere (February 28, 2013). Third 'Hobbit' movie release moved from July to December 2014. TheOneRing.net. Retrieved on March 2, 2013.
|e v||The Hobbit (films)|
|Movies in The Hobbit trilogy:||The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey | The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug | The Hobbit: There and Back Again|