Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
William the Troll Edit
Who plays William, the third troll?
- That would be Peter Hambleton, who also plays Glóin, brother of Óin and father of Gimli (the protagonist Dwarf of LotR). Gradivus, 14:21, December 2, 2012 (UTC)
Witch King buried? Edit
In the film, during the meeting of the white council, Elrond and Saruman states that the Witch King of Angmar was "killed, and sealed in a tomb in that could not be opened". I was of the understanding that the Witch King never "died", and that he simply fled after his defeat at the battle of Fornost. Is this something I have missed? Or has Peter Jackson just taken some liberties? 22.214.171.124 01:54, December 13, 2012 (UTC):
- Yes, Peter Jackson has definitely contradicted the established lore here, and in a most troubling way since it directly interferes with the lore that the Witch King cannot be killed by mortal man. I've added the discrepancy to the "Deviations from the Book" section. - Gradivus, 05:41, December 15, 2012 (UTC)
- I believe it's too early to call that a discrepancy. It sounds like one, yes, but we don't have the full story yet. 126.96.36.199 21:42, January 19, 2013 (UTC)
- This and Azog still being alive are the only big things that Peter Jackson majorly changed in Tolkien's story in the 1st Hobbit film. The next two movies with Smaug and the Battle of the Five Armies certainly might have others. HiddenVale 01:40, January 27, 2013 (UTC)
The things in the trailer that aren't in the final movie (and will probably be in the extended edition) should be noted somewhere, like the Bilbo and the Shards of Narsil, and Gandalf in Dol Guldur. Alex T Snow (talk) 11:48, January 5, 2013 (UTC)
I believe Gandalf being in Dol Guldur will be in one of the following movies, like Smaugs Demise or There and back again, I do not recall Bilbo with the shards of Narsil though ( I havent seen the trailer) TheDragonLord (talk) 23:54, January 11, 2013 (UTC)
Alex, it's because the first trailers of this movie were released and seen over a year before the movie came out. That's a long time. HiddenVale 01:42, January 27, 2013 (UTC)
HOBBIT CD Edit
- I read an article only a few hours ago. It said that they are planning to relase the DVD on March 22, 2013. It would be better if you make a research about it. I hope this helps. - Darkchylde (talk) 13:05, January 24, 2013 (UTC)
Special edition soundtrack - bonus tracksEdit
The tracks "Dreaming Of Bag End", "A Very Respectable Hobbit", "Erebor", "The Dwarf Lords", & "The Edge Of The Wild" (13-17) are not where they should be, due to being bonus tracks. Does anyone know where they should appear? Alex T Snow (talk) 01:00, January 27, 2013 (UTC)