Tales from the Perilous Realm is a compilation of some of the lesser-known writings of J. R. R. Tolkien. It's only relation to Middle-Earth is The Adventures of Tom Bombadil witch feature the character Tom Bombadil from the The Lord of the Rings.
- Roverandom, a short story about a dog that gets turned into a toy
- Farmer Giles of Ham, a short story about an English farmer who encounters a dragon.
- The Adventures of Tom Bombadil, a collection of poems claiming to be "of hobbit origin" (and the only item in the compilation that is directly related to Middle-earth andThe Lord of the Rings).
- Smith of Wootton Major, a short story talking about Nokes, who recently become a Master Cook and have to prepare a special Great Cake for the Feast of Good Children.
- Leaf by Niggle, a highly allegorical short story often published in tandem with the essay On Fairy-Stories as Tree and Leaf.