Also known as: Shire Reckoning 1418
This is the year in which happen most of the events of The Lord of the Rings.
- All traces of Gollum disappear. It is considered that, around this time, being hunted by Elves and by the servants of Sauron, he could have taken refuge in Moria, but when he finally discovered the way to the West Gate, he couldn't leave.
- Gandalf escapes Orthanc in the first hours of the day.
- Gandalf goes to Edoras like a beggar, and his entrance is not allowed.
- Gandalf gains entry into Edoras. Théoden orders that he leaves: "Choose any horse, but leave before the end of the day of tomorrow!"
- Gandalf encounters Shadowfax, but the horse doesn't allow him to approach. Gandalf pursues Shadowfax for a long way in the hills.
- The Ringwraiths arrive at Sarn Ford at afternoon and drive away the rangers.
- Gandalf reaches Shadowfax.
- Four Ringwraiths enter the Shire before dawn.
- Five Ringwraiths pursue the rangers eastward and later return to watch.
- A Ringwraith arrives in Hobbiton at nightfall.
- Frodo leaves Bag End.
- Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin meet Gildor Inglorion in woods in the Shire.
- Gandalf, having tamed Shadowfax, departs Rohan.
- Gandalf crosses the Isen.
- Frodo, Samwise, Merry, and Pippin rest at Crickhollow, in the care of Fredegar Bolger.
- Second night with Bombadil.
- The hobbits are saved from the Barrow-wight by Tom Bombadil.
- Frodo arrives at [[Bree] at nightfall.
- Gandalf visits The Gaffer.
- Aragon leaves Bree with the company of hobbits.
- Aragon and the four hobbits are attacked during his night at Weathertop
- The night at Weathertop.
- The Nazgûl locate Aragorn and the four Hobbits.
- Frodo Baggins is wounded by a Morgul blade.
- Glorfindel expels the Ringwraiths.
- Frodo crosses the bridge.
- Glorfindel finds Frodo at afternoon.
- Gandalf arrives at Rivendell.
- Escape beyond Loudwater.
- The Fellowship of the Ring sets out in the evening.