- The death of Arvedui, the fifteenth and last King of Arthedain, and the Twenty-Fifth King of Arnor; in the Ice-Bay of Forochel
- The Palantíri of Annúminas and Amon Sûl are lost during the war with Angmar.
- Eärnur, the thirty-third and last King of Gondor, brings a fleet to Lindon.
- Angmar extinguishes the realm of the Hill-men of Rhudaur
- Gondor defeats the Witch-king in the Battle of Fornost, ending the evil realm of Angmar.
- Aranarth, the son of Arvedui and Fíriel, becomes the first Chieftain of the Dúnedain.