Rúmil was a marchwarden of Lórien, and was one who guarded the border of the western part of the forest, with his brothers. He was present at the Fellowship of the Ring's first meeting with the Galadhrim.
Later, he and Haldir guided the Fellowship to Caras Galadhon. Rúmil spoke very little Westron and so could not really interact with the Fellowship when he and his brothers encountered them in the forest.
Other versions of the legendariumEdit
Portrayal in adaptationsEdit
The Lord of the Rings film trilogyEdit
The Lord of the Rings: TCGEdit
In The Lord of the Rings Trading Card Game, Rúmil is identified as the brother of Haldir, a Silvan Elf, and an Elven Protector.
- In The Lord of the Rings: War of the Ring by Games Workshop, he can be fielded as part of the Guardians of Caras Galadhon Legendary Formation.
Translations around the WorldEdit
|Foreign Language||Translated name|
- ↑ The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, Book Two, Chapter VI: "Lothlorien"
- ↑ The Complete Guide to Middle-earth, by Robert Foster
- ↑ The History of Middle-earth, Vol. 7: The Treason of Isengard, XII: "Lothlórien"
- ↑ The History of Middle-earth, Vol. 7: The Treason of Isengard, XII: "Lothlórien", Notes