Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Queen is a title applied to either the wife of a King, or to a Ruling Queen.
The title existed amongst all of the Children of Ilúvatar. Of the Dwarves nothing much is known if the title existed amongst them, but as the dwarves were ruled by kings it could be logical that Dwarf-women also held that honorific title.
While the former is most common, the Ruling Queens of Númenor were rulers in their own right.
Named Queens in Tolkien mythologyEdit
Of the ValarEdit
- Varda - Queen of Arda & Queen of the Valar
- Estë - Queen of the Valar
- Nessa - Queen of the Valar
- Nienna - Queen of the Valar
- Yavanna - Queen of the Valar
- Vána - Queen of the Valar
- Vairë - Queen of the Valar
Of the MaiarEdit
- Melian - Queen of Doriath
Of the ElvesEdit
Of Men (of Edain)Edit
Of the Númenóreans