Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Of all the beautiful sights in Númenor, the flowers and trees were considered some of the most treasurable. Those most popular are the following:
- Oiolairë - One of the fragrant trees of Númenor; by tradition a bough cut from this tree was attached to the prows of Númenórean ships setting out on journeys of exploration, to ensure a safe return.
- Lairelossë - A beautifully white fragrant tree.
- Nessamelda - Grew mostly up the sheltered seaward slopes of Nísimaldar in the Bay of Eldanna but they also spread far east into the land.
- Vardarianna - Was beloved for its soft perfumes.
- Taniquelassë - An evergreen, it too was remembered for its perfume.
- Yavannamírë - A beautiful fragrant green tree.
- Malinornë - Were a light-green color. They were used to preserve Lembas bread.
- Laurinquë - Grew in the area of Hyarrostar of Númenor. The Númenóreans delighted in it for its long-hanging clusters of yellow flowers. Rumours told it had come from Laurelin, the Golden Tree of Valinor, but it was not true.