The Pelóri, also known as the Mountains of Aman, Mountains of Defence, and the Mountain Wall, were a mountain range in Aman that separates the inner plains of Valinor from Eldamar and the wastelands of Araman and Avathar.
The Pelóri were originally created after the destruction of Almaren and the Two Lamps to hide and protect Valinor from any further attacks by Melkor. Taniquetil is its highest peak and home to the throne of Manwë. Hyarmentir is the second highest peak.  The Halls of Mandos were apparently in the northern foothills of this mountain range. The Calacirya is the only safe pass through the range.
Translations around the worldEdit
|Foreign Language||Translated name|
|Hungarian||Pelóri, Aman hegyei|
|Mountain Ranges of Arda|
Ash Mountains | Echoriath | Ephel Dúath | Ered Gorgoroth | Blue Mountains | Ered Lómin | Grey Mountains | Ered Wethrin | Iron Hills | Iron Mountains | Misty Mountains | Mountains of Angmar | Mountains of Mirkwood | Mountains of Mithrim | Orocarni | Pelóri | Wall of the Sun | White Mountains | Yellow Mountains
- ↑ The Atlas of Middle-earth, The First Age, The Elder Days, "Introduction"
- ↑ The Atlas of Middle-earth, The First Age, The Elder Days, "Valinor"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter I: "Of the Beginning of Days"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter VIII: "Of the Darkening of Valinor"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter XI: "Of the Sun and Moon and the Hiding of Valinor"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Index of Names