Palisor was described as being the place where the Elves first awoke. It is the location of a lake named Cuiviénen, the Water of Awakening It was described as a place where great pinewood forests existed and murmured with strange noises in these early days. The area was long populated with Dark Elves.The area would later evolve into the land of Rhûn, Rhovanion, and possibly Mordor and Khand.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Atlas of Middle-earth, The First Age, The Elder Days, "Introduction"
- ↑ Tolkien, J.R.R.. Beren and Lúthien (Kindle Location 190). Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Kindle Edition.
- ↑ The History of Middle-earth, Vol. 1: The Book of Lost Tales Part One, V: "The Coming of the Elves and the Making of Kôr"
- ↑ The History of Middle-earth, Vol. 1: The Book of Lost Tales Part One, X: "Gilfanon's Tale: The Travail of the Noldoli and the Coming of Mankind"
- ↑ http://www.annalsofarda.dk/annals-of-arda/Places-index/Places-Misc/Palisor.htm