Like Rúmil, Orophin knew very little Westron (the Common Tongue) and so associated very little with the Fellowship. When Haldir saw Gollum rustling through the trees near where the hobbits stayed for the night, Orophin left his brothers to warn the Galadhrim.
The name Orophin might either be Sindarin or Silvan Elvish. It may mean "Small tree", from the Sindarin oron ("tree") and pîn ("small"), or "Mountain Peak", from orod ("mountain") and pind ("peak, crest").
Other versions of the legendariumEdit
Portrayal in adaptationsEdit
The Lord of the Rings film trilogyEdit
The Lord of the Rings TCGEdit
Orophin was featured in the The Lord of the Rings Trading Card Game as a Decipher card.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, Book Two, Chapter VI: "Lothlorien"
- ↑ The Complete Guide to Middle-earth, by Robert Foster
- ↑ Didier Willis, Elfling Message 24600
- ↑ Parma Eldalamberon, Words, Phrases and Passages in Various Tongues in The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
- ↑ The History of Middle-earth, Vol. 7: The Treason of Isengard, XII: "Lothlórien"
- ↑ The History of Middle-earth, Vol. 7: The Treason of Isengard, XIV: "Farewell to Lórien"
- ↑ Jason Secto "Orophin" (n.d.). Retrieved February 17, 2016, from http://www.theargonath.cc/cast/secto/secto.html