Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- —Odo Proudfoot to his cousin Bilbo
Odo Proudfoot was the cousin of Bilbo Baggins. Odo was born in TA 2904 (SR 1304). His parents were Bodo Proudfoot and Linda (Baggins) Proudfoot – aunt of Bilbo. He had a son named Olo to an unnamed wife and a mischievous grandson Sancho Proudfoot.
Odo Proudfoot was a guest at Bilbo's Farewell Birthday Party on September 22, 1401 (3001). He became annoyed when Bilbo used the incorrect plural of his family name: Proudfoots instead of the correct Proudfeet. When Bilbo disappeared using his Magic Ring, Odo took his feet off the table and stamped on the ground.
Portrayal in AdaptationsEdit
- In the first and third movies of Peter Jackson's Film Trilogy, Odo was portrayed by Noel Appleby, credited as "Everard Proudfoot". In the first film, he appears to have a wife and was chatisized by his/her for enjoying Gandalf's Fireworks as he was labeled as the disturber of the peace, his role during the party is the same. In the third film, he appears briefly watching Frodo and his friends returning to the Shire and later in the Green Dragon Inn.
Voice Dubbing actorsEdit
|Foreign Language||Voice dubbing artist|
|Portuguese (Brazil) (Television/DVD)||Ivo Roberto|
|Italian (Italy)||Giampaolo Genovesi|
Translations around the WorldEdit
|Foreign Language||Translated name|
|Portuguese (Brazil)||Odo Pé-soberbo|
- ↑ The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, Book One, Chapter I: "A Long-expected Party"
- ↑ The Lord of the Rings, Appendix C: Family Trees, Baggins of Hobbiton
- ↑ The Complete Guide to Middle-earth
- Odo Proudfoot at Tuckborough.net