- —Odo Proudfoot to his cousin Bilbo
Odo Proudfoot was the cousin of Bilbo Baggins. Odo was born in TA 2904 (SR 1304). His parents were Bodo Proudfoot and Linda (Baggins) Proudfoot – aunt of Bilbo. He had a son named Olo to an unnamed wife and a mischievous grandson Sancho Proudfoot.
Odo Proudfoot was a guest at Bilbo's Farewell Birthday Party on September 22, 1401 (3001). He became annoyed when Bilbo used the incorrect plural of his family name: Proudfoots instead of the correct Proudfeet. When Bilbo disappeared using his Magic Ring, Odo took his feet off the table and stamped on the ground.
- ↑ The Lord of the Rings: A Long-expected Party pgs. 30 & 39
- ↑ The Lord of the Rings: Appendix C pg. 1100
- ↑ The Complete Guide to Middle-earth
- Odo Proudfoot at Tuckborough.net