Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It was in Nan Elmoth that Melian enchanted the Teleri Elf-lord Elwë (Thingol) in Nan Elmoth, before they both founded the realm of Doriath. Long the couple spent here as their love grew and young trees grew tall before they spoke. When Melian and Elwë left for Doriath, Nan Elmoth was held to be part of the kingdom of Doriath. Eöl, the Dark Elf paid Thingol with the sword Anglachel to dwell there on his own. Here, he lived apparently for hundreds of years alone save for a few servants under the shadows of the tall trees. The Gondolin princess Aredhel Ar-Feiniel came there, and it was here that he first met her and married her and had a son named Maeglin born FA 320 under the shadows of Nan Elmoth.
Translations around the WorldEdit
|Foreign Language||Translated name|
|Chinese (Hong Kong)||艾莫斯谷|
|Lao||ນະນ ເຣມໂຕຫ ?|
|Serbian||Нан Елмотх (Cyrillic) Nan Elmot (Latinised)|
|Urdu||ںان ےلموته ?|
|Uzbek||Нан Элмотҳ (Cyrillic) Nan Elmoth (Latinised)|
- ↑ The Silmarillion (inside cover), "Map of Beleriand and the Lands to the North"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter XVI: "Of Maeglin"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter IV: "Of Thingol and Melian"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Appendix: Elements in Quenya and Sindarin names
- ↑ The Complete Guide to Middle-earth