Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
After the defeat of the Union of Maedhros at the Nirnaeth Arnoediad, this had become one of the many places in Beleriand that Orcs and wolves roamed. In FA 511 shortly after the Fall of Gondolin, the survivors of the city led by Tuor and Idril camped here and made their respects to the fallen.
When Galadriel and Celeborn say farewell to Treebeard, after the downfall of Barad-dûr, after Celeborn says he thinks they shall not meet the Ent again, Galadriel states that "Not in Middle-earth, nor until the lands that lie under the wave (Beleriand) are lifted up again. Then in the willow-meads of Tasarinan we may meet in the Spring,"
Translations around the WorldEdit
|Foreign Language||Translated name|
|Chinese (Hong Kong)||塔斯仁谷|
- ↑ The Atlas of Middle-earth, The First Age, The Elder Days, "Beleriand and the Lands to the North"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter XX: "Of the Fifth Battle: Nirnaeth Arnoediad"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter XXIII: "Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin"
- ↑ The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, Book Six, Chapter VI: "Many Partings"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Index of Names
- ↑ The Complete Guide to Middle-earth