See also: List of animals and Valar Animals.
Crebain were large species of crow which were native to Dunland and Fangorn Forest. Singular form is craban.
Fell Beast, also known as Hell-Hawk and Nazgûl-birds, were winged creatures ridden by the Nazgûl.
Great Eagles served as messengers of Manwë Súlimo.
Great Spiders were over-sized spiders from the northern part of Mirkwood and were described to be brood of Shelob.
Kine of ArawEdit
Kine of Araw were a kind of wild ox that lived near the Sea of Rhûn.
Kirinki was a bird native to Numenor.
Mearas was the name given to an exceptional race of horses.
Mûmakil, also known as Oliphaunts, were similar to elephants used by the Haradrim.
Wargs were a race of evil-natured wolves used by the Orcs.
Arod was a gray horse given by Eomer to Legolas as a compensation for the presumed deaths of Merry and Pippin
Arroch was the horse of Hurin during Nirnaeth Arnoediad.
Asfaloth was the white horse of Glorfindel. The name means "sunlit foam".
Bill was a pony which accompanied the Fellowship of the Ring from Rivendell until the gates of Moria.
Brego was a non-canonical horse ridden by Aragorn in the films.
Bumpkin was one of the ponies acquired by Merry and used by the Hobbits to ride from the Shire to Bree.
Carc was a raven who lived upon Ravenhill.
Carcharoth was a werewolf who guarded the Gates of Angband.
Draugluin was the first werewolf and was slain bu Huan.
Fatty Lumpkin was a pony kept by Tom Bombadil.
Felaróf was the first of the Meara.
Firefoot was Eomer's horse during the War of the Ring.
Gwaihir was the greatest of the Great Eagles and was best known for rescuing Gandalf from Orthanc.
Huan, also known as the Hound of Valinor, was the companion of Celegorm and took part of the Quest for the Silmaril.
Hasufel was a horse given to Aragorn by Eomer as a compensation for the presumed deaths of Merry and Pippin. Hasufel's previous rider was Gárulf.
Lightfoot was the sire of Snowmane.
Nahar was the white steed of Oromë.
Queen Berúthiel's catsEdit
The cats of Queen Berúthiel were used as spies.
Roäc was the son of Carc and the chief of the ravens of Ravenhill.
Rochallor was the horse of Fingolfin.
Roheryn' was the horse given by Arwen to Aragorn as a gift.
Shelob was a spawn of Ungoliant and guarded the passage to Cirith Ungol.
Snowmane was the steed of King Theoden and died with him during the Battle of the Pelennor Fields.
Stybba was a pony lent by King Theoden to Merry
Thuringwethil was a vampire during the First Age
Thorondor was the Lord of the Eagles during the First Age.
Ungoliant was a great spider who assisted Melkor in stealing the Silmarils.
Windfola was Eowyn's grey horse.
- ↑ The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers, Book Three, Chapter II: "The Riders of Rohan"
- ↑ The Children of Húrin, Narn i Chîn Húrin, The Tale of the Children of Húrin, IV: "The Departure of Túrin"
- ↑ The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, Book One, Chapter XII: "Flight to the Ford"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter XIX: "Of Beren and Lúthien"
- ↑ The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, Book One, Chapter VII: "In the House of Tom Bombadil"
- ↑ The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, Book Two, Chapter II: "The Council of Elrond"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, Book Five, Chapter II: "The Passing of the Gray Company"
- ↑ The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, Book Five, Chapter VI: "The Battle of the Pelennor Fields"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter IX: "Of the Flight of the Noldor"