Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Menelmacar was created by Varda just before the Awakening of the Elves as a symbol of light and hope. It also forebodes the Last Battle prophesized at the End of Days. It is most likely the constellation of Orion.
- Menelmakar - another name and was a sign for Túrin and the War of Wrath
- Menelvagor - a name mentioned in The Lord of the Rings Appendix E
- Menelmakil - an older name for Telumehtar
- Telumehtar - ("Warrior of the Sky")
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter III: "Of the Coming of the Elves and the Captivity of Melkor"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The History of Middle-earth, Vol. 10: Morgoth's Ring, The Later Quenta Silmarillion, The First Phase, "Of the Coming of the Elves"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The History of Middle-earth, Vol. 10: Morgoth's Ring, The Annals of Aman
- ↑ The History of Middle-earth, Vol. 5: The Lost Road and Other Writings, Part Three: "The Etymologies"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The History of Middle-earth, Vol. 11: The War of the Jewels, Part Four: Quendi and Eldar, Appendix D: Kwen, Quenya, and the Elvish (especially Ñoldorin) words for 'Language