In the Real WorldEdit
- 2007: Electronic Arts releases the video game set The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth Anthology.
- 2010: The guide book J.R.R. Tolkien: Pocket Guide is released by Crescent Moon Publishing.
- Frodo and company enter the Dead Marshes.
- The Ents remain in council.
- Aragorn meets Gandalf as Gandalf the White and they journey to Edoras to see King Theoden.
- Faramir and his troops set out for Ithilien to harass companies of Southrons attempting to enter Mordor through Ithilien.