Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Arvedui you shall call him, for he will be the last in Arthedain. Though a choice will come to the Dúnedain, and if they take the one that seems less hopeful, then your son will change his name and become king of a great realm. If not, then much sorrow and many lives of men shall pass, until the Dúnedain arise and are united again."
- — Appendix A: Gondor and the Heirs of Anarion
Malbeth the Seer was a Dúnedain of the North, and a royal counsellor of Arthedain, that lived in the time of kings Araphant and Arvedui of Arthedain. Per his name, he was known for his powers of a seer.
When King Araphant's son was born in TA 1864, he persuaded him to name him Arvedui which meant Last king.
He made at least two prophecies, one concerning Arvedui and the other about Aragorn II. He foretold that Arvedui would be the last king until Aragorn II and that Aragorn II would ride the Paths of the Dead.
About Aragorn, he prophesied:
- Over the land there lies a long shadow,
- westward reaching wings of darkness.
- The Tower trembles; to the tomb of kings
- doom approaches. The Dead awaken;
- for the hour is come for the oathbreakers:
- at the Stone of Erech they shall stand again
- and hear there a horn in the hills ringing.
- Whose shall the horn be? Who shall call them
- from the grey twilight, the forgotten people?
- The heir of him to whom the oath they swore.
- From the North shall he come, need shall drive him:
- he shall pass the Door to the Paths of the Dead.