The One Wiki to Rule Them All is a wiki-based resource and community site dedicated to compiling all information related to Lord of the Rings books and films as well as anything related to J.R.R. Tolkien's fantasy universe of "Arda" or, more familiarly, of Middle-earth.
The goals of The One Wiki to Rule Them All are:
- To be the ultimate guide to everything related to the franchise — inside and outside the universe. Everyone is encouraged to help and add everything they know.
- To create a community site for members to share their views and their theories on Middle-earth lore.
Why should I be a part of The One Wiki to Rule Them All? Edit
Our resource of information on The Lord of the Rings is entirely written, maintained and updated by people like you. The One Wiki to Rule Them All is dependent on volunteers for its continued survival. As a multi-faceted site with a strong community, being part of The One Wiki to Rule Them All can only be a positive experience.
What can I do on The One Wiki to Rule Them All? Edit
Many wonder what they can do on, or how they can help The One Wiki to Rule Them All. Fortunately, there are a wide variety of activities and jobs that you can do.
- Improve and/or rewrite articles: As The One Wiki to Rule Them All is based around an encyclopedia of everything to do with The Lord of the Rings, this can be said to be the core activity of the site.
- Express your views through blog posts: Writing a blog post is a good way to let your opinion on The Lord of the Rings or even the wiki itself be known in the community.
- Chat with other community members: You can chat in real time with other community members on Live! Chat, which can be accessed here.
What are the rules on The One Wiki to Rule Them All? Edit
Being a wiki-based site, which by its nature should be editable by anyone, there is a necessity of having certain policies and guidelines (or "rules") to guide use of the site. Our policies and guidelines can be found here.
Who founded The One Wiki to Rule Them All and when? Edit
The One Wiki to Rule Them All was created on March 8, 2005. It was one of the first 1,000 wikis on Wikia (today, Wikia has over 400,000 wikis). The founder of the wiki, no longer active, is considered as having left the wiki.
Who is the leader or webmaster of The One Wiki to Rule Them All? Edit
Hosted by Wikia, The One Wiki to Rule Them All does not, and will never, have a member who has the final word in community decisions, or any semblance of formal authority. Community decisions are the responsibility of all members, made by consensus through discussion. However, for maintenance and moderation purposes, The One Wiki to Rule Them All has a group of administrators, who are experienced members of the site entrusted with additional tools.
- - Darkchylde
- Gamma Metroid
- Robin Patterson
- Rollback users