Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kalórmë seems to be the second tallest mountain in the world of Arda next to Taniquetil. It seems to have existed from the time after the destruction of the Two Lamps but does not appear on maps after the Change of the World as the Land of the Sun does not. When seen from afar looking at it from the Farthest West, it appeared dim. Oromë observed the peak at some point during the Hiding of Valinor. The Girdle of Arda runs across this peak.
Kalórmë meant 'Sun-rising-hill'.
- ↑ The Atlas of Middle-earth, Introduction
- ↑ The Atlas of Middle-earth, The Third Age, "Introduction"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The History of Middle-earth, Vol. 1: The Book of Lost Tales Part One, IX: "The Hiding of Valinor"
- ↑ http://www.annalsofarda.dk/annals-of-arda/Places-index/Places-Misc/Wall-of-the-Sun.htm
- ↑ http://www.annalsofarda.dk/annals-of-arda/Places-index/Places-ME/Kalorme.htm
- ↑ The Atlas of Middle-earth, The First Age, The Elder Days, "Introduction"
- ↑ The Atlas of Middle-earth, The Second Age, "Introduction"