Himlad was held by Celegorm and Curufin before the Siege of Angband took place. When Aredhel was lost, she passed through Himlad until she found Nan Elmoth. Years later, when Aredhel and her son Maeglin left Nan Elmoth to return to Gondolin, Eöl the Dark Elf crossed Himlad and was captured by the riders of Curufin.
Translations around the WorldEdit
|Foreign Language||Translated name|
|Chinese (Hong Kong)||海姆拉德|
- ↑ The History of Middle-earth, Vol. 11: The War of the Jewels, V. The Tale of Years
- ↑ The Atlas of Middle-earth, The First Age, The Elder Days, "Realms-Before the Great Defeat"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter XIV: "Of Beleriand and its Realms"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter XVI: "Of Maeglin"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter XVIII: "Of the Ruin of Beleriand and the Fall of Fingolfin"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Index of Names