Golfimbul was the Goblin-chieftain of Mount Gram, the fortress of Goblins in the Ettenmoors, who led his band in an invasion of The Shire. He was defeated at the Battle of Greenfields by Bullroarer Took (Brandobas Took).
Golfimbul was a goblin chieftain from the Misty Mountains. In TA 2747, Golfimbul led an army of Goblin soldiers from Mount Gram in the Misty Mountains into the Northfarthing of the Shire. The Goblin incursion in the northern Shire occurred during the reign of Arassuil as Chieftain of the Dúnedain, and the goblins led by Golfimbul were but the most western pack of goblins which had left the Hithaeglir (the Misty Mountains). The only reason Golfimbul could make it all the way to the Shire was that the Rangers at the time were fighting many battles with goblins, preventing them from settling all of Eriador.
The Goblin-host was defeated by a troop of Hobbits led by Bandobras ("Bullroarer") Took. According to the narrative in the book The Hobbit, during the battle Bullroarer charged the ranks of the goblins of Mount Gram and with a wooden club knocked Golfimbul's head clean off, sending it sailing a hundred yards through the air and down a rabbit-hole, thus winning the battle and inventing the game of Golf at the same time.
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Party pg. 24
- The Lord of the Rings: Appendix A, "The Realms in Exile" The Northern Line Heirs of Isildur pg. 1038
- The Atlas of Middle-earth pgs. 62-3
- The Great Goblin, in Goblin-town
- Gorkil, the later Goblin-king of the Ettenmoors in the BFME Games
- Fimbul the hunter, an orc serving Azog