shows Tolkien's fictional kingdom of w:Arnor. Based on Chris Guerette's gnu map of middle earth on wikipedia (this took place well before the events shown in The Lord of the Rings) Further information see Appendix A (iii) of Return of the King; "The North-kingdom and the Dunedain".
Stages depicted Edit
- Arnor in the first part of the Third Age (until 861)
- The division into Arthedain, Cardolan & Rhudaur (861)
- c.1300 chief of the Nazgul inhabits Angmar
- shortly afterwards - Rhudaur has come under the control of Angmar
- 1409 - witchking invades, Amon Sul destroyed, dunedain of Cardolan flee to Old Forest and Tower Hills
- "Angmar was for a time subdued" with help from Elrond & Lorien - presumably back to its original border, Cardolan has been destroyed completely by the Great Plague
- 1974 - Angmar attacks Arthedain; dunedain flee across the river lune, while king Arvedui holds out in the North downs
- Arvedui perishes in the Ice bay of Forochel (indicated with blue dot)
- After the witch king defeated, the inhabited lands which remained in the lost realm of arnor. (the shire and bree)
Appears on these pages
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||01:52, July 29, 2006||400 × 335 (75 KB)||Gimli||animation on commons [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Arnor.gif] shows Tolkien's fictional kingdom of w:Arnor. Based on Chris Guerette's gnu map of middle earth on wikipedia (this took place well before the events shown in The Lord of the Rings) Furth|