Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
shows Tolkien's fictional kingdom of w:Arnor. Based on Chris Guerette's gnu map of middle earth on wikipedia (this took place well before the events shown in The Lord of the Rings) Further information see Appendix A (iii) of Return of the King; "The North-kingdom and the Dunedain".
Stages depicted Edit
- Arnor in the first part of the Third Age (until 861)
- The division into Arthedain, Cardolan & Rhudaur (861)
- c.1300 chief of the Nazgul inhabits Angmar
- shortly afterwards - Rhudaur has come under the control of Angmar
- 1409 - witchking invades, Amon Sul destroyed, dunedain of Cardolan flee to Old Forest and Tower Hills
- "Angmar was for a time subdued" with help from Elrond & Lorien - presumably back to its original border, Cardolan has been destroyed completely by the Great Plague
- 1974 - Angmar attacks Arthedain; dunedain flee across the river lune, while king Arvedui holds out in the North downs
- Arvedui perishes in the Ice bay of Forochel (indicated with blue dot)
- After the witch king defeated, the inhabited lands which remained in the lost realm of arnor. (the shire and bree)
Appears on these pages
Arnor, also known as the Northern Kingdom, was a kingdom of men located in the land of Eriador...
Gimli, son of Glóin Short, but tough LOTR:Lore Lore 3 This user has an advanced understanding of...
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||01:52, July 29, 2006||400 × 335 (75 KB)||Gimli||animation on commons [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Arnor.gif] shows Tolkien's fictional kingdom of w:Arnor. Based on Chris Guerette's gnu map of middle earth on wikipedia (this took place well before the events shown in The Lord of the Rings) Furth|