Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- During the Winter, Morgoth breaks the Siege of Angband and the Dagor Bragollach (Battle of the Sudden Flame) starts.
- Glaurung the Dragon leads forth an army of Balrogs and Orcs and the rest of Morgoth's forces make inroads into Beleriand.
- The battle claims the lives of the Edain Bregolas, Hador and his younger son Gundor (both killed when trying to defend the fortress of Barad Eithel) and also the elves Angrod and Aegnor, both were sons of Finarfin.
- Galdor, son of Hador, becomes Lord of Dor-lomin and leader of the House of Hador and Barahir, brother to the fallen Bregolas, becomes Leader of the House of Bëor.
- Gelmir of Nargothrond is captured by Morgoth.
- Defeat of the sons of Fëanor at the Pass of Aglon.
- Rivers of fire flow onto Ard-galen and it becomes Anfauglith, the Gasping Dust.
- Dorthonion falls under Morgoth's control. Orcs capture Caranthir's fortress on the slopes of Mount Rerir and defile Lake Helevorn and ravage Thargelion.
- Celegorm and Curufin flee Himlad for Nargothrond.
- Capture of Finrod's fortress of Minas Tirith by the forces of Sauron.
- Barahir saves Finrod Felagund and receives his ring, later called the Ring of Barahir.
- The folk of Dorthonion, among them Rían and Morwen, flee to Hithlum.
- Turgon sends messengers by sea seeking the help of the Valar but they are unsuccessful.
- Barahir and his surviving men become outlaws in their own land.