- The first rising of the Moon, followed soon afterwards by the rising of the Sun.
- From this time are reckoned the Years of the Sun.
- Beginning of the Second Spring of Arda.
- Men awake in the far eastern land of Hildórien in the far east of Middle-earth.
- The host of Fingolfin crosses the Helcaraxë and begins arriving in Middle-earth at Lake Mithrim in the West Beleriand seeking to avenge Fingolfin's father, Finwë killed by Morgoth.
- Fingolfin host marches to Angband but Morgoth remains hidden.
- Morgoth leaves Angband and travels to the East in an attempt to corrupt Men.