Elanor was a small, star-shaped yellow flower.
During the Third Age, elanor grew abundantly in Lothlórien, particularly upon the hill of Cerin Amroth. Lady Galadriel wore a crown of it and referred to it in her song when bidding the Fellowship of the Ring farewell.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- ↑ Unfinished Tales, Part Two: The Second Age, II: "Aldarion and Erendis: The Mariner's Wife"
- ↑ The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, Book Two, Chapter VI: "Lothlorien"
- ↑ The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, Book Two, Chapter VIII: "Farewell to Lorien"
- ↑ The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, Book Six, Chapter IX: "The Grey Havens"
- ↑ Parma Eldalamberon, Words, Phrases and Passages in Various Tongues in The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
- ↑ The Letters of J. R. R. Tolkien, 312 From a letter to Amy Ronald 16 November 1969