Dor-lómin was a country in the south-western part of Hithlum, bordered in the east by the Mountains of Mithrim, and in the north by the river which formed the Rainbow Cleft known as Annon-in-Gelydh, or "Gate of the Noldor". It was the birthplace of Túrin son of Húrin and Morwen. There is also a mountain pass in its south unknown to the Enemy.
Dor-lómin was first colonized by the Ñoldor on their return to Middle-earth, Dor-lómin became the lordship of Fingon, but in the fifth Century FA Fingolfin gave it to Hador. Dor-lómin became a fief of the Third House of the Edain, which flourished there, strengthened by refugees of the First House from Dorthonion, until the Nirnaeth Arnoediad. Morgoth gave Dor-lómin, together with the rest of Hithlum, to his Easterlings, who absorbed or enslaved the surviving Edain. Tuor son of Huor was fostered by the Elves of Androth in the Mountains of Mithrim.
Before the Nirnaeth Arnoediad, the army of Dor-lómin was between 12,000 and 15,000. The entire host was destroyed during the Nirnaeth Arnoediad.
After Túrin fled south over the Ered Wethrin bands of outlaws came and attacked and enslaved the peoples of Dor-lómin, save Morwen, her daughter Nienor, and her servants, including Sador Labadal. The outlaws were led by Brodda, who wedded Aerin so that when he was dead, he would have an heir to keep the land under his family's rule. Over a year after Túrin came to Doriath, Morwen and Nienor went seeking Túrin in Menegroth. Later, Túrin came to seek Morwen in Dor-lómin, but they had already gone south over the mountains. Like the rest of Hithlum it was destroyed during the War of Wrath.
Translations around the WorldEdit
|Foreign Language||Translated name|
|Chinese (Hong Kong)||多爾露明|
|Kurdish||دۆر-لۆمین (Arabic script) Dor-lomîn (Latin)|
|Serbian||Дор-ломин (Cyrillic) Dor-lómin (Latin)|
|Uzbek||Дор-ломин (Cyrillic) Dor-lomin (Latin)|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Atlas of Middle-earth, The First Age, The Elder Days, "Beleriand and the Lands to the North"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter IX: "Of the Flight of the Noldor"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter XVII: "Of the Coming of Men into the West"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter XX: "Of the Fifth Battle: Nirnaeth Arnoediad"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter XXI: "Of Túrin Turambar"
- ↑ Unfinished Tales, Part One: The First Age, II: "Narn i Chîn Húrin" (The Tale of the Children of Húrin)
- ↑ The Children of Húrin
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter XXIV: "Of the Voyage of Eärendil and the War of Wrath"
- ↑ The Complete Guide to Middle-earth