Hearing of the power of Thingol, Denethor led many of his people over the Blue Mountains to Beleriand. They settled in Ossiriand, renaming it Lindon, in the east of Beleriand, and Denethor became their king. They were called the Laiquendi, or Green-elves. Some time later after his return from Aman, Morgoth loosed an army on Beleriand beginning the First Battle. The lightly-armed Laiquendi were driven back to the great hill of Amon Ereb, where Denethor was slain. The Laiquendi became a reclusive people, seldom taking up arms, and never again naming a king.
- ↑ http://www.annalsofarda.dk/annals-of-arda/Elves-index-tables/Elves/Denethor.htm
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter III: "Of the Coming of the Elves and the Captivity of Melkor"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter X: "Of the Sindar"
- ↑ The Atlas of Middle-earth, The First Age, The Elder Days, "The Battles of Beleriand"
- ↑ The Complete Guide to Middle-earth