- For other namesakes see: Denethor (disambiguation).
Hearing of the power of Thingol, Denethor led many of his people over the Blue Mountains (Ered Luin) to Beleriand. They settled in Ossiriand, renaming it Lindon, in the east of Beleriand, and Denethor became their king. They were called the Laiquendi, or Green-elves. Some time later after his return from Aman, Morgoth Bauglir loosed an army on Beleriand beginning the First Battle. The lightly-armed Laiquendi were driven back to the great hill of Amon Ereb, where Denethor was slain. The Laiquendi became a reclusive people, seldom taking up arms, and never again naming a king.
- ↑ The Silmarillion: Quenta Silmarillion, "Of the Coming of the Elves and the Captivity of Melkor"
- ↑ The Silmarillion: Quenta Silmarillion, "Of the Sindar"
- ↑ The Atlas of Middle-earth pgs. 28-9
- ↑ The Complete Guide to Middle-earth