Ciryon was a son of Isildur.
Ciryon did not take part in the invasion of Mordor or the Siege of Barad-dur. Instead, his father sent him and his brother Aratan to Minas Ithil with a force in case Sauron should break or escape the siege thought Cirith Dúath, and assail the Dúnedain before he was yet defeated. He like his brothers Aratan and Elendur, was slain at the Gladden Fields.
- ↑ The History of Middle-earth, Vol. 12: The Peoples of Middle-earth, VII: "The Heirs of Elendil"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B: The Tale of Years (Chronology of the Westlands), "The Third Age"
- ↑ Unfinished Tales, Part Three: The Third Age, I: "The Disaster of the Gladden Fields", Notes
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age
- ↑ Unfinished Tales, Part Three: The Third Age, I: "The Disaster of the Gladden Fields"
- ↑ The Complete Guide to Middle-earth