Calimehtar was the thirtieth King of Gondor.
Calimehtar succeeded his father Narmacil II in TA 1856 who was killed by the Wainriders during the defeat of Gondor at the Battle of the Plains. Calimehtar was a good friend and ally of the Éothéod. In TA 1899, the Wainriders once again became a threat to Gondor and the lands of the west. The Éothéod leader Marhwini warned the king of the impending invasion allowing him to assemble an army in Ithilien which he marched north, also sending calvary over the Undeeps to harass the unguarded enemy positions there. Calimehtar and his Éothéod allies finally met the Wainriders in Dagorlad where they defeated them. Narmacil II's death had been avenged. The victory of Gondor and its allies inspired the slaves in Rhovanion to rebel against their cruel Easterling masters.
|Kings of Gondor|
Elendil | Isildur | Meneldil | Cemendur | Eärendil | Anardil | Ostoher | Rómendacil I | Turambar | Atanatar I | Siriondil | Tarannon Falastur | Eärnil I | Ciryandil | Hyarmendacil I | Atanatar II Alcarin | Narmacil I | Calmacil | Rómendacil II | Valacar | Eldacar | Castamir the Usurper | Eldacar (restored) | Aldamir | Hyarmendacil II | Minardil | Telemnar | Tarondor | Telumehtar Umbardacil | Narmacil II | Calimehtar | Ondoher | Eärnil II | Eärnur | Aragorn II Elessar | Eldarion
- ↑ The History of Middle-earth, Vol. 12: The Peoples of Middle-earth, VII: "The Heirs of Elendil"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A: Annals of the Kings and Rulers, I: The Númenórean Kings, (iv): "Gondor and the Heirs of Anárion"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Unfinished Tales, Part Three: The Third Age, II: "Cirion and Eorl and the Friendship of Gondor and Rohan"
- ↑ The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B: The Tale of Years (Chronology of the Westlands), "The Third Age"
- ↑ The Complete Guide to Middle-earth