Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The bridge was approximately 500 feet in length.
As the great underground city of Menegroth was delved and built mostly by the Dwarves of the Blue Mountains, the bridge was probably made by them. It was used by the Elves of Doriath and welcomed guests going to and from the city. Tragically, the Dwarves of Nogrod led a great a host over the bridge intending sack the city and punish the elves for what they believed to be the wrongful slaying of their kin in the deep caves of Menegroth. With the final fall of Doriath after the death of Dior in FA 506, it is possible that the bridge fell into decay for the rest of the First Age, and after the War of Wrath it went the way of all things in the Beleriand, and sunk below the waves.
- ↑ The Atlas of Middle-earth, The First Age, The Elder Days, "Menegroth, the Thousand Caves"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter X: "Of the Sindar"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter XIII: "Of the Return of the Noldor"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter XXII: "Of the Ruin of Doriath"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter XXIV: "Of the Voyage of Eärendil and the War of Wrath"