Mîm the Petty-dwarf lived within Amon Rûdh with his two sons, Ibûn and Khîm. Mîm was captured by a group of outlaws led by Túrin Turambar and forced to reveal the location of his refuge which was known as Bar-en-Nibin-Noeg (House of the Petty-Dwarves). When it was discovered that Khîm, who had been shot at by a member of Túrin's band and was mortally wounded and then later died of his wounds, Túrin repented and offered his services to Mîm promising to provide a ransom of his own to Mîm to atone for Khîm's death. Afterwards, Mîm from then on tolerated the presence of the outlaws promising to house Túrin's outlaws in exchange for his life. The dwelling was then called Bar-en-Danwedh (House of Ransom).
Amon Rûdh became the base of operations for the outlaws and with the arrival of Beleg; it became the heart of the area known as Dor-Cúarthol "Land of Bow and Helm" (referring to the Two Captains, Beleg and Túrin), a center of resistance against the forces of Morgoth. Túrin's location was eventually discovered and Orcs slew the outlaws, covering the hilltop with real blood.
- ↑ The Atlas of Middle-earth, The First Age, The Elder Days, "Beleriand and the Lands to the North"
- ↑ The Atlas of Middle-earth, The First Age, The Elder Days, "Travels of Túrin and Nienor"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter XXI: "Of Túrin Turambar"
- ↑ Unfinished Tales, Part One: The First Age, II: "Narn i Chîn Húrin" (The Tale of the Children of Húrin)
- ↑ The Children of Húrin, Narn i Chîn Húrin, The Tale of the Children of Húrin, VII: "Of Mîm the Dwarf"
- ↑ The Children of Húrin, Narn i Chîn Húrin, The Tale of the Children of Húrin, VIII: "The Land of Bow and Helm"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter XXIV: "Of the Voyage of Eärendil and the War of Wrath"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Index of Names
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Appendix: Elements in Quenya and Sindarin names
- ↑ The History of Middle-earth, Vol. 5: The Lost Road and Other Writings, Part Three: "The Etymologies"
|Dwarven Realms of Middle-earth throughout the Ages|
|Years of the Trees & First Age:||Bar-en-Nibin-Noeg | Belegost | Khazad-dûm | Mount Gundabad | Nogrod | Nulukkizdîn | Orocarni|
|Second Age:||Khazad-dûm | Mount Gundabad|
|Third Age:||Grey Mountains | Iron Hills | Khazad-dûm | Lonely Mountain | Northern Blue Mountains|
|Fourth Age:||Glittering Caves | Khazad-dûm | Lonely Mountain|