Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
During the First Battle of Beleriand, the Nandor king Denethor was surrounded here by a sea of Orcs, making a last stand and then perished. Amon Ereb was the highest point in the plains and the easternmost hill of Andram. It hence had tremendous strategic importance in the War of the Jewels as it overlooked the eastern passage around the Long Wall of the Andram, guarding the northern ways to Taur-im-Duinath. Later, Caranthir fortified the hill following the Dagor Bragollach in an attempt to guard his escape into the south. After the Nírnaeth Arnoediad, the Sons of Fëanor withdrew to Amon Ereb.
Portrayal in AdaptationsEdit
Translations around the worldEdit
|Foreign Language||Translated name|
|Chinese (Hong Kong)||伊瑞伯山|
- ↑ The Silmarillion (inside cover), "Map of Beleriand and the Lands to the North"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter XIV: "Of Beleriand and its Realms"
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter X: "Of the Sindar"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Complete Guide to Middle-earth
- ↑ The Silmarillion, Quenta Silmarillion, Chapter XVIII: "Of the Ruin of Beleriand and the Fall of Fingolfin"