The subject of this article or section originates from non-canonical sources. To find out about what is considered "canon" see LOTR:Canon.
- "This is all we could save, my lady."
- —Aldor to Éowyn in the extended edition.
Aldor was an elderly Man of Rohan.
Portrayal in adaptionsEdit
Peter Jackson's The Two TowersEdit
Stationed at the ancient fortress Helm's Deep, he was one of those that were forced to fight and defend the fortress from Saruman's army of Uruk-hai. He was standing beside Haleth, son of Háma, where they witnessed the arrival of Uruk-hai. Before the Uruk-hai were preparing to attack, Aldor loads his bow and draws it back to fire. However, he couldn't steady his hand and accidentally lost his grip on his bow releasing an arrow and it shoots straight into an Uruk's neck, killing it. It is unknown what happened during the Battle of Helm's Deep, but it is possible that he was slain along with other defenders.
- The Two Towers (film) (First appearances)
- Aldor is portrayed by Bruce Allpress in the film adaption of the Two Towers.
- He is featured in The Lord of the Rings Trading Card Game.